7 January 2007

Happy New Year

Wow! Happy New Year. Dean and I are back from out travels to warmer climates and aside from some general peskiness (friends, bugs, bombs, a crashed bus and general jetlag) all went really well!

Since I last wrote, the garden bloomed, the neighbours cat's poo'd in it, the veg were nice (minus the cat's gifts) and all was jolly well. I am still a cookbook-aholic with large volumes cluttering large spaces in rooms that want to be large and can rememeber a time when they were (poor lambs. Dean and I are going from strenghth to strength - I tell him off and he tells me off and then we both sulk, grimace, stomp feet and generallly act childish 9he says I do, I say he does - get the picture?) but he is so terribly lovely. Then we have the impenindg 30th's f my clan - Jane kicked of the festivities in October with hers at the Holiday Inn 9I am still reeling from the bar tab of £9.30 for two single drinks - shocking) and then as usual, Kathryn, myself, Nat and Lyn's all close ranks in that order throughout until August - crumbs! What an expensive but partying year.....

Where as I? Oh yes - Dean and I went on holiday with the rest of the clan t Thailand to visit hi brither Neil who lives there. I learn't some more Thai, went on a cookery course, shopped till Bangkok dropped (serious bargainer here - 1250 baht in Patpong for a tshirt? No, love, I said 100 baht..... the lady took it after saying'Tell Mummy how much you pay?' My Mummy normally gives me stuff I replied....)Jolly good tome and Dean and share New Year with a small party at Fishermas Cottage in Koh Lanta, my friend Nicky, woodlouse infestation, cockroaches and a remarkably friendly frog. He kept popping into our outside bathroom for a chat at night - didn't talk much but that's ok as I talked for both of us....

We arrived home safe and sound minus some booze which we had bought at BKK AIRPORT - it appears that the sealing bags of liquids standard is not universal. The man at Schipol who confiscated it was a bit of a jobsworth and I would like him to answer a few questions such as - how did I get two litres of drink halfway around the world? If it is suc as risk, why did he not destroy it immediately or a least pop it in a container with bombproof elements? Surely a threat is worse at an airport/ Needless to say that the airports will be getting a stiff letter. Dean's Mum has already sent one.

So what next/ Well, the garden is starting to look in need of some love so I aim to get that all started a bit earlier tis year and grow some new lavendar (hooray- bee's and butterfliies, I also need to use my new Kenwood Chef (gained through a devious plan involving my mum and getting her to wrap it for me - long story), as well as trying not to buy copious amounts of books this year and blogging more regularly to help with that addiction 9hey, I could be buying nasty stuff) On top of that, preparig for my 30th birthday and finally, but certainly not at the bottom, losing all these punds - I have got fitter but still far to plump. Oh, and anothet thing......making space at home..... Well, here goes, I'll trya nd write soon but am off to read a book and shake the rest of my jetlag off (don't go on the roads kids, it's not great driving with jetlag..)

No comments: