3 April 2006

Bed (S)!

I may be getting a raised bed - hurrah, veggies here I come - something useful and hopefully I won;t end up killing them! Hmmmm, now whwre to put it, Dean has visions of a)not having one, b)have one but I take all responsibility and c) it must be in a corner (nobody put's baby [veg] in a corner - ah Patrick Swayze, what happened?).

Now the problem with the corner is that a) I have a romantic vision of this little corner seat with a gazebo of flowers to cover the drain - it may not happen but it is a dream and b) the corner has a drain - what if it leaks? I know we should be organic but I'm not that keen on being that organic yet!

But what joy, homegrown butternut squashes, courgettes (no marrows please), parsnips, tomatoes and much more - I will be in foodie heaven and my drean of self sustainability will be that much closer....I wonder if I can bribe the OH with more scalextric? Now there 's a thought.

No comments: