15 June 2006

England Wins!

.....well I did in the kitchen; and England won against Trinidad and Tobago in the World Cup tonight - very boring so I rummaged up a meal for my mate Andrew and I.

Fab chicken with cherry sauce - non too tart, I was a bit worried. Basically it goes like this:

Pan fry two chicken breast (I did 4) they should be dipped in seasoned flour first.

Then remove from the pan and add Dijon mustard or wholegrain, a generous splosh of white wine, balsamic vinegar, veg stock and seasoning. I also added onion and garlic. Pop the cherries in, as many as you prefer and then reduce. Add the chicken back to the pan or keep warm in the oven. Then serve with a selection of veg. We had pan fried asparagus, peas, and roasted potatoes done in Olive oil. All was great and followed by Ben and Jerry's ice cream, Porter Ale from St Peters Brewery and my Nan's homemade sloe gin - fantastic!

We have been sitting here playing about with design on the blog, set up a counter (like the worm?) and then A told me why Radio Norfolk keep playing a certain Queen song, he advised it was because of the world cup - typical.

Oh well, enjoy....

No comments: