24 July 2007

Foodie Heaven - In words, pictures and food!

Like the picture? It's about the only sun we had and light was perfect for showcasing this fudge.

Summers here and its rain, rain, rain - a real joy! There is a vegetable shortage as nothing is being nurtured by a happy sun come to that, neither am I.


So here I am watching too much TV in the evenings, surfing the web on my lovely new laptop (hurrah! Vista - Bah!) So what should I do? Oh I know, how about a blog update and finally put in the pictures I keep rattling on about?

They are uploading as I type and soon, you will be treated to a myriad of colours, textures and faces as you explore my world of very amateur snaps (but lovingly shot mind you). In the meantime, did I tell you about nibbles on Saturday just past? Don’t read nibbles, read feast for thousands, well, ten. Had all the girlies with boyfriends and babies in tow for an impromptu drinkies party. I laid on casseroles, roasted meets, veg and fruits from the Farmers Market in Wymondham and we all consumed far too much wine - I love it when we all get together as we are all bats. Poor Em had me panicking around her as she was so animated when she spoke, the giant mirror in my front room started to tip and her life was in peril... I was very tired afterwards.










Saturday was pretty great actually(see the pictures above). I was at the farmers market picking up supplies and I saw a woman standing behind the meat stall and thought 'I know her'. Lo’ and behold! It was celebrity chef and food writer Sophie Grigson making a promotional film for the Guardian promoting British Beef. The best thing was that she spoke to me, converted me to pan fried skirt steak (I usually casserole it along with thousands of other Brits [I don't casserole Brits], the French are way ahead) and then the filming person asked me to be in the film checking the provenance of my meat - fantastic foodie heaven!!!


No comments: